Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Lifetime Goals

One of the many things I absolutely adore about Beachbody, is that they encourage you to make yourself a better person every single day! As a coach, I focus a ton on personal development and self improvement, which honestly, is something i've never done before! To be completely honest, it's actually something I sort of turned my nose up at. (YIKES!!!) I cannot believe how close-minded I was, but I am so grateful BB has opened my eyes to this amazing part of my life.

If there is one thing I've learned about myself over the last 25 years of my life, is that I tend to get a little....lazy. It is easy for me to throw in the towel or say "there's always tomorrow", but the truth is, we need to work on ourselves every day!

I used to be the type of person who would have a million amazing ideas, but then never actually put in the time or effort to make them happen. After I read my first personal development book The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy, it totally opened up my eyes to what creating a habit, and visualizing my future and goals could actually do for me!

After seeing a few other coaches write out their Dream List of Lifetime Goals, I KNEW it was something I had to do as well! I started making this list a few months ago, and almost every night, I read over my list, and visualize all my wildest hopes and dream coming true. This has not only helped me accomplish some, but also given me the motivation and consistency to make these goals my priority every single day.

Creating a list of your goals can be a bit overwhelming. I remember when I first started writing my list, I could only think of a handful of ideas. Sadly, I was somehow talking myself out of things to write down--thinking to myself, "nah, that's too far fetched. I shouldn't put that." HOW SAD!!! Finally I realized this is MY list and MY goals, and I can write whatever the heck I want!!!

In order for your goals to really stick in your mind and get the wheels moving, stick to these 5 rules:

1. Be Specific: Make sure you are as detailed as possible! Create your dream image in your head, and describe that!
2. Be Real: Don't worry about what others may think or want, write down what YOU want. Stay true to yourself and your dreams.
3. Make it Visible: Write out your goals--make a vision board---create a dream binder---the sky is the limit; just make it a physical thing you can look at!
4. Celebrate your Successes!: Whenever you achieve any of your goals, celebrate!! Reward your self with a special little gift, or even a little solo victory dance :)
5. Don't be Afraid to Dream BIG!: No dream or goal is too big, or unachievable! Think Big, Win Big!

According to Jack Canfield, author of The Success Principles, there are 7 areas to focus your goals around:
1. Financial & Wealth Goals
2. Career Goals
3. Health & Appearance Goals
4. Relationship Goals
5. Personal Development Goals
6. Community & Charity Goals
7. Free Time Goals

Shannon's Lifetime Goals:
TRAVEL:
Australia 
France
Spain
Bora Bora
Maldives
Egypt
New Zealand 
South Africa
Hawaii
Dubai 
Hong Kong
China
Canada
Germany
Thailand 

EXPERIENCE:
See a killer whale & blue whale in wild
Go cage diving (great white shark)
Scuba Dive/Snorkel Great Barrier Reef
Photo shoot for blog/business
Boudoir photo shoot
See Great Wall of China
Picnic near Eiffel Tower
Pyramids
Ride an elephant in Thailand 
African safari
Zipline in Rainforest
Learn to surf 

FAMILY/LIFE
Dream wedding
Grow our family (babies)
Earn over $500,000/year
Donate 10% of income to charity
Sponsor homeless dog 
Live in our dream home
Live near family
Be able to stay at home (work)
Be the best friend I can possibly be
Volunteer 1 day/week
Start going to Church again 

ACCOMPLISHMENTS: 
Help 10 PS coaches reach Star Diamond rank
Publish a book
Help 100 women/year
Make GirlFit Empire a known name (like Fit n Fab or Tone It Up girls)
Own a restaurant 
Own a beach/vacation home 
Become a top 10 BB coach 

HEALTH GOALS:
Ditch all eating disorders
Maintain ideal body weight (115-120)
Maintain a balance between work and personal life
Stick to 80/20 eating rule--no more binges or massive food "cheats"
Workout 6 days/week
Share all fitness/health knowledge with others


I am still adding to this growing list, and I find my dreams are getting bigger and bigger!!! The sky is honestly the limit, and this has been such a FUN project for myself. I cannot wait to see where this crazy journey takes us as well as how many people I can help and inspire. This is such a beautiful thing :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment