Sunday, January 24, 2016

Challenge Group Success Stories

I am sure you have all seen posts about my fitness challenge groups, and I am sure you a wondering, 1. What is a challenge group, and 2. why would I join this random group when I can just do it on my own. Let me be the first to say, I asked myself those same questions when I started the original Insanity after college. I was the type of person who liked to do things my way, on my own time, and kind of just fly under the radar, and to be honest, I was embarrassed to participate and post in a group about my workouts. However, once I became a coach myself, I realized just how helpful actually participating and being part of the group is. Not only did it keep me completely accountable, but I was able to form bonds with these other women, get great tips and ideas, and it really gave me that sense of a team that I was missing. With all that being said, I wanted to put together a post to strip down the basics of challenge groups, and really brag about the ladies I have/currently am working with.

So what is a Challenge Group?
A challenge group is simply a private Facebook group with likeminded women working towards a better self. We all participate in a chosen Beachbody workout, follow a clean eating meal plan (provided), drink a superfood shake, laugh, share successes and hardships, and push each other to our goals. I give daily challenges to keep everyone accountable paired with tips and tricks to stay on track. It is simply a safe environment to push yourself and finally reach your goals. All aspects of a healthy lifestyle are included in this group, which is something you cannot get from a simple gym membership (or even a personal trainer). I mean really, where else can you get a personal trainer IN YOUR HOUSE, meal plans, a team, the healthiest shake you can imagine, and 1-1 support for a YEAR under $200? I'm going to say no where. (I used to pay $120/month for just a gym membership...woof).

More in depth Info on Challenge Groups: HERE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUCCESS STORIES

Now that I have broken down a challenge group, it's time to brag on my ladies a little bit!!

First, I want to share my before and after from my first round of Insanity: Max 30. My main goal was to definitely tone up, but to also lose some of my "fluff". I'd say mission accomplished! I finally saw muscle and definition I hadn't seen since college swimming, and in some ways, I actually think I was happier with my Insanity body than I was with my swimming body. Maybe that's just because I was less bulky than my swimming days, lol.

Next up, the hot mama who now gets mistaken for her college-aged daughter!! This woman participates Every. Single. Day. in our group, and it is to no surprise that she is the most consistent and has seen some of the best results! I remember watching her weekly updates and just being completely blown away, but her current "after" next to her "before" speaks volumes! She has the same love/hate relationship with Shaun T and Insanity: Max 30, but I'm going to guess it's more love!

This first pic is her before/after her first round of Max 30.
Current To-Date Pic (Round 2 Max 30) vs. End of Round 1 Max 30



I just need to start this off by saying this rockstar accomplished this after 1 round of 21 Day Fix!!!! She not only dropped lbs, but also inches off every part of her body! She is also someone who participates daily, even if she didn't have the most successful day, and you know what? That is how you reach your goals. I am so proud of her! 21 Days, 30 minute workouts, and clean eating. The recipe for success. 

21 Day Fix Extreme: Round 1

Here is another 21 Day Fix champ! What does she have in common with all the other ladies on this page? She participated every day, asked for help when she needed it, was honest about falling off track, and encouraged everyone in the group. 


This next little mama in the new mommy who missed her former athlete days. She missed the competitiveness and team atmosphere of college athletics, so it was a quick decision to join one of my challenge groups last spring. She has completed Insanity as well as worked a TON on clean eating. So proud of how far she has come, and to watch her confidence shine through! 

Before
After

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could keep going with these, but I think I made my point. These groups are real. The women are real. Their results are real. And the relationships built are real. If you have been going back and forth about messaging me, let these successes be your final motivation. I honestly love these groups SO much, and I believe in them more than anything. They not only helped me, but so many amazing women who decided to say enough is enough and took a chance. 

If you would like to join my upcoming Fitness Challenge Group, fill out the questionnaire HERE or send me an email at ShanDemrowFitness@gmail.com

XO
Shan










No comments:

Post a Comment